AAA, AA or A info (Pelham Minor Hockey Association)

PrintAAA, AA or A info

Information for Players wishing to tryout for AAA, AA or A

The OMHA allows players to tryout and play, if selected, for teams outside of their home center at the AAA, AA or A level.  The following are the regulations and procedures for these tryouts:

AAA Regulations

Pelham Minor Hockey is a member of the Southern Tier Admirals AAA zone (known as STA) and as such all players wishing to tryout for a AAA team MUST first register with PMHA and then attend tryouts with STA teams for their age group.  Players released from STA tryouts may then acquire an F1 release from the STA organization which will permit the player to tryout with other AAA teams provided that they follow the proper guidelines when selecting their next center.  STA can provide the player with the proper protocol at that time. 

AAA Process

Players must first acquire an OMHA Permission to Skate (PTS) for STA from PMHA.  These forms are made available after completing the online request.  Once the PTS has been received, the player must then follow the STA procedures for properly registering/signing up and paying for the tryouts.

Information about Southern Tier Admirals AAA organization may be found on the website at


AA or A Regulations

The OMHA through it's "Made for Ontario" plan permits players to tryout and play for teams at the AA or A level.  Players from PMHA may tryout for either a AA or a A team but NOT both.  Once the player chooses whether they wish to tryout at the AA or A level, the determination of where the player is eligible to tryout is simply a matter of location. 

NRP forms are only available to those players in Minor Peewee or older.

AA or A Process & NRPs


Players must first acquire an OMHA Non-Resident Passport (NRP) from PMHA.  The NRP passport will state which center and level the player is permitted to tryout for.  The NRP forms are typically handed out during an evening session in early April or by making pick up arrangements with the PMHA Registrar.  The player must then follow the protocol of the center that they are trying out for with regards to registration, payment, attendance at tryouts etc. 

PTS or NRP forms can be requested by completing the online request form only. Please do not send email requests.

Team Sites
Social Networking
Follow Us On
Follow Pelham Minor Hockey Association on Twitter
- and -
Visit Pelham Minor Hockey Association on Facebook
- and -
Follow Pelham Minor Hockey Association on Instagram
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 10:15 AM