Sep 13, 2020 | Pelham Minor Hockey | 2169 views
PMHA SEASON PROGRAMMING DETAILS
Pelham Minor Hockey Association 2020/21
Season Programming Details and plan for
the upcoming season will look as follows;
Pelham Minor Hockey Association 2020/21 HOMETOWN HOCKEY
Season Programming Details and plan for the upcoming season will look as follows;
Saturday September 19 PMHA will be starting Pre-Season Power Skating Development Sessions
3 Weeks of Development – 3 ice times per week starting Saturday September 19, 2020 for 3 weeks
(Groups to be split by level, player team designation to follow)
· Each player will receive 1 ice time per week (out of the 3) with an outside power skating instructor.
· Goalies will get 1 ice time per week (out of the 3) with goalie instructor and then will skate with the rest of their group for the other 2 ice times
· The development sessions are part of the OHF Stage 3a "return to play" programming
Intramural In House Programming Mid October to TBD
This year’s focus is on development, there will be NO contact in any age level.
There will be no representative hockey programming offered for the 2020-2021 season. There will be no tryouts this season. This has been communicated from our governing hockey agencies. PMHA is keeping all programming in house to comply with all restrictions set forth by OHF, OMHA and Public Health. PMHA will be offering 3 on 3 in Tiered In House Hockey Programming for U8 - U18. Each team will be formed with 9 skaters and 1 goalie. Teams will only have 1 coach and 1 trainer per bench. U5 to U7 FrontRow Hockey School and FrontRow Junior Panthers will run as normal.
1. There will be two tiers of team groups in each age group
a. Tier 1 Teams - will be a make-up of primarily last year representative players formed into cohorts of possibly 5 teams with 10 players per team.
b. Tier 2 Teams - will be a make-up of last year local league / house league players formed into cohorts of possibly 5 teams with 10 players per team.
2. Teams will be formed by coaches and the PMHA Board to maintain equal balanced teams in each Tier
3. Players will be looked at individually to ensure proper placement of skater and will be placed where best suited
4. Same ice time break downs for both Tiers 1 and 2
5. In house programming (practices and games until at least December 31, 2020) if Stage 3e is achieved by our Health Authorities PMHA will entertain the option of possibly playing games against another centre.
6. If teams wish to purchase additional power skating etc, they can set up team budgets and fundraising – or contribute more to a team budget
Midget Tier 2 Teams Option ONLY (players that wish to have less practices) have been set up on a different fee schedule and practice rotation – focus on less practices.